Friday, May 16, 2014

Cositas

Just got home and trying to escape the momentary heat.  I'm listening to Slayer and typing this while on a break from Paul Auster's City of Glass.  Just finished chapter 9, the how malleable is language chapter.  Dialogue sounds like Beckett.  "Raining Blood" is on, and I'm bobbing my head thinking about chapter 10, and if I'll actually get back to the new manuscript tonight (halfway done!).  Overall, I'm excited as the guitar solo kicks in.  Will I practice my horn tonight?  I'm trying to learn "The Eraser" by Thom Yorke.  So much to do that it makes me thirsty.  Very thirsty.  I think I need to change the music now (just pushed shuffle) because my heart is beginning to race.  It's Cesaria Evora's "Sodade!"  Ahh, I think I will get back to the book and manuscript and horn tomorrow morning.  The music's too good to sit in a dark room on a Friday without a beverage in hand moping or hoping like a tiny action figure gripping a sword that isn't there.

No comments: