Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I finally got my hands on a trumpet.  One I can call my very own.  Been practicing scales, trying to strengthen the lips.  I've been adding accompaniment to my favorite songs by Elvis Depressedly, such as this one and this one and this one.  Or the lullaby I sing to my wife before we go to sleep.

Just finished watching Guy Maddin's Brand Upon the Brain.  I had to watch it in segments--it's a visual assault in a good way--and eventually got through it.  I wish I could've experienced the film at the theater with the live orchestra and the live narrations.  The film was fantastic, though I prefer The Saddest Music in the World.  

I can't wait for Friday.  I will be visiting my old school, the school I used to teach at, that is, called Southwest High School in El Centro.  I'll be doing a presentation and reading.  It's been several years since I've been back, and it will be great to see old friends, and of course, the current students.

No comments: