Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Last Few Days

Last week's readings at the University of Notre Dame and New York University were an amazing experience.  Although the weather threatened to halt the trip altogether on a couple of occasions, everything worked out.  I met a lot of wonderful people who made the trip exceptional. 

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!


Frosty Notre Dame

NYU's Lillian Vernon Creative Writers House



I've been reading and enjoying immensely Joe Ceravolo's Collected Poems.  Before this, I'd only read the offerings provided by the first edition of the Norton Postmodern American Poetry Anthology.  This book is certainly a treasure.



I've also been reading Will Alexander's Compression & Purity.  It makes my head spin in a benevolent intoxication.  I return to his "My Interior Vita" periodically and relish the passages detailing his introductions to jazz and lit.  

While waiting for a tire rotation and oil change yesterday, I sat and read from one of my prized possessions:




No comments: