Sunday, October 27, 2013

San Francisco Lit Crawl Reading

L-R Me, Leticia Hernández-Linares, Deborah Paredez, Oscar Bermeo,
Laurie Ann Guerrero,  Juan Luis Guzmán
The October 19th reading in San Francisco, more specifically, at the Mission Cultural Center was a blast.  Leticia did an amazing job MC'ing that night, in addition to contributing beautiful song and poetry that filled up the room.  Deborah Paredez, one of the co-founders of CantoMundo, was present and also contributed amazing work.  Oscar Bermeo read from his slick work that always excites me to try new forms in my own stuff.  Laurie Ann read from her new book, A Tongue in the Mouth of the Dying, as well as a new piece straight out of her journal.  And Juan Luis Guzmán read fantastic work from two manuscripts that I can't wait to get my eyes on.  I also want to share here an article that recently featured Juan Luis in its pages.  Be sure to read it here (pp. 84-86)!  The Fresno school continues!

No comments: