Tuesday, November 2, 2010


"But I'm not Nijinsky. I plunge into poetry, as Nijinsky plunged into the dance. With all the effort and faith and dedication possible. As singlemindedly as possible. And with eyes open. Not as Nijinsky, but having seen Nijinsky, like Nijinsky. I don't want art to save me.
I want to be alive. To look at things carefully. To write is to love again."
from a letter to Sandy Berrigan from Ted
* * *
The Palabra Magazine reading in L.A. was wonderful. I really thank elena minor for providing me with an opportunity to read there. While there, I picked up a couple of back issues. Still reading them like crazy.
* * *
Just finished The Poetry Lesson by Andrei Codrescu. Lots of fun! Looking about for my missing "ghost companion."

1 comment:

b. said...

So I found myself in a bookstore today and I got to read your poems in Rattle & Bitter Oleander!

I especially liked "The Yearning Feed."