Friday, August 6, 2010

Moving to a new place is a #*%^&! It was a local move, but still. Anyway, we're in, nothing broke along the way. A few scratches here and there, but that's usually expected. We're near SDSU now, which means I'm near its library and special collections! Which brings me to this, here is a list of some of the books I was able to read during the packing and moving. My summer vacation is waning, but there's still a week and a half left to squeeze in a few more titles.

Against Interpretation and Other Essays, Susan Sontag
Purgatory, Raúl Zurita (A book I want to write about later. It was haunting.)
Voices of a People's History of the United States, Howard Zinn and Anthony Arnove
Revolt of the Cockroach People, Oscar Zeta Acosta
Countering the Counterculture: Rereading Postwar American Dissent from Jack Kerouac to Tomás Rivera, Manuel Luis Martinez
To the Break of Dawn, Oscar Bermeo
Peeping Tom Tom Girl, Marisela Norte
The Duplications, Kenneth Koch
Glow of Our Sweat, Francisco Aragón
Painter Among Poets: The Collaborative Art of George Schneeman
Poems of the Millennium: The University of California Book of Modern and Postmodern Poetry, Ed. Jerome Rothenberg and Pierre Joris (Cont' to peck at this giant anthology)

* * *

I'm listening to Red Garland as I type this, and his piano makes me feel like I'm under a mild sedative. In a good way, of course.

* * *

This is what I look like when the mailman hands me a self-addressed envelope.

No comments: