Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wow! It's been such a long time since I've typed anything at this space. With the closing of another semester, the holiday season, and some traveling, it's just been really hard to update this thing, which I've always felt ambivalent about anyway.

Just returned from Roma, and some of the highlights were Caravaggio and Francis Bacon at the Borghese Gallery. That sure was a nice space. With light rain, a cool and crisp breeze, I was totally feeling it on the way to and from the gallery. The chance to see an A.S. Roma vs. Chievo game was also exciting. The rain let up that evening for just long enough to enjoy the match.

An interesting coincidence also occurred--I had just bought Andrei Codrescu's The Posthuman Dada Guide: Tzara & Lenin Play Chess for the trip and read the entire book on the plane ride over there. I think it's fantastic, and agree to some extent (there's just so much I haven't read) with Vladimir Tismaneanu blurb "No other book has treated the relationship between the artistic and revolutionary avant-gardes as originally and provocatively as Codrescu's." Anyway, upon arriving, I read in one of Rome's local weekly's about the big Dada/Surrealism exhibit that would be on display during my time there. Overall, it was great. Saw most of the big daddies and big mommies of the movements. There was Tzara, Duchamp, Loy, Picabia, Ernst, on and on, and on and on and on. It was really cool and really inspiring, being that I've been messing around with collage fairly recently. I also saw some Joseph Cornell boxes, which were beautiful, mysterious, and creepy.

All in all, it was a good time, though I'm glad to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a money that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]