Friday, May 1, 2009

National Poetry Month

To celebrate the final day of April, I sat at a window somewhere on University Ave. sipping on beverage while reading O'hara's "Second Avenue." Scratching my head as I often scratch my head while reading O'hara's "Second Avenue," a woman stopped at the window and said: "Say, you look like you're working hard."

I looked up from my read, paused, then replied: "You don't even know." she smiled, laughed, and kept laughing as she crossed the street. I smiled, too, then continued to scratch my head while finishing up O'hara's "Second Avenue," but this time with a smile.

3 comments:

b. said...

Frank O'Hara?

Also, are you going to this? http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/events/border-voices-poetry-fair/

Anonymous said...

Where on University do you sit?

Manuel Paul Lopez said...

Hi B.

sure is frank o'hara. didn't know about the poetry fair.