Saturday, March 7, 2009

Totally inspired by students (los lopesitos, one young man dubbed them), I want to start watercoloring again! They're currently working on original cover art for their chapbooks that will include their own manifestos and poetry. I'll post some of the manifestos they created for the art/political movements that occurred during and post WWI. As an exercise, they wrote them in about 15 minutes in the manner of Bob Kaufman's "Abomonist Manifesto." Pretty funny and interesting stuff.

***
Speaking of chapbooks, my new long poem will soon be published as a chapbook, and I'm really excited. It's called:

More details later.

***

Until next time, it's Saturday and it's time to feel nice and be nice. So WAKE UP and be nice too!

7 comments:

Oscar Bermeo said...

Exciting news! Can;t wait to read the long poem.

Manuel Paul Lopez said...

Thanks, O!

VMT said...

awwww yyyeeeaaaahhhhh!
no thanks to loser readers like myself.
congrats my friend!
you're always lighting the fire.

b. said...

look forward to reading the poem.

Anonymous said...

Your students sound amazing!!! You should totally start watercoloring again! I'm sure your students love you with all their hearts.


--Anonymous special person

Somebody said...

Your students sound amazing!!! You should totally start watercoloring again! I'm sure your students love you with all their hearts.


--Anonymous special person

Anonymous said...

Your students sound so kick ass! i would love to read some of the good poems!