Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stuff

"Esta noche de [Noviembre] con todo mi alma quiero cantar..."
Jose Alfredo Jimenez

***

"Those thick lashes of his lower themselves deep into that space between her breasts where Jesus hangs from a thin chain. The uniform, it fits these days like a Latex glove, ever since she discovered the Golden Greek at the Ox Burger."
from Peeping Tom Tom Girl by Marisela Norte

***

My wife and I saw Water and Power by Richard Montoya on Thursday. Plenty of gorgeous scenes. nortesur is awesome!

***

Bad Brains and Cafe Tacuba will be in town soon. Can't wait. I've seen Cafe Tacuba 3X, the most memorable performance by far, in Mexicali. I've seen Bad Brains OX. I'm ready for HR.

***

I'll be at the Charger game tomorrow. If you're reading, Marc, I'll shout for you.

***

"...into our minds
the art of dying
our first wink
uncovered in the Pacific
so long we must
say, so long."

No comments: