Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tonight's Show

My wife and I have really been looking forward to tonight's concert featuring Terence Blanchard. From scoring films, to putting out grade-A albums, to contributing time and efforts to the Monk Institute, Blanchard has forged a career that should be exemplary for all up-and-coming musicians. As a former horn player, or more specifically, a former Miles Davis wannabe, it's going to be quite an experience to finally have the chance to see Blanchard en vivo. As far as I understand, Blanchard will be playing selections from his newest album A Tale of God's Will, which has been called a requiem, exploring the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

4 comments:

Van said...

have you seen the spike lee documentary that he scored??? man....

Manuel Paul Lopez said...

Haven't seen it yet, but I heard a lot of the music last night. Powerful, Van, very powerful.

He Who Hails To The Thief said...

hey Mr Lopez, it is isaac acosta. Just wanted to say hi and know how you have been doing in SD.

Greetings from Berkeley!

Manuel Paul Lopez said...

Oye, hit me up via email. I want to know how Berkeley's going for you.