Saturday, February 3, 2007

Untitled

"Why do you drive an F150? Writers aren't supposed to drive trucks--aren't writers supposed to be into the environment and shit?"
"Yes, writers are supposed to be into the environment."
"But why drive a truck?"
"I drive it, because it's the only way I can lug around my metaphors."
"Metaphors?"
"It's the only way, you see."
"But I don't see anything, man. Metaphors are supposed to be robust and ponderous."
"I don't know--should they?"
"Of course they should. What kind of writer are you? There's nothing here. The bed of your truck is empty. You spend so much on gas. I just don't get it."
"Me neither."
"But listen, since you have all of this room, obviously experiencing some kind of writer's block, do you think you can give me a ride to the bar?"
"Sorry. I don't have any room."
"Metaphors?"
"Yup."
"Ok, ok. Well, take it easy, and say hi to your wife for me."
"I will. Take it easy."

No comments: